Monday, May 26, 2008

Kadie & Miya – Flower Girls at Joe & Heather's Wedding

It’s not every day that you get to go to a wedding, and an even rarer event when it’s a family member. On May 10th my niece, Heather, tied the knot and it was my pleasure to photograph her and her husband Joe – as well as the rest of the wedding party. Of course, that included the flower girls, Kadie and Miya. All the pictures tired us all out, but lets face it, looking beautiful in front of a host of cameras is hard work! (Just look at the covers of tabloids for unflattering photos of exhausted celebs.) The endless grins and poses, the flashing lights and crowds of spectators – they all took their toll – especially on the young!
Now the bride and groom were tough and smiled for each and every photo, but not Kadie and Miya. They made me laugh though. What Miya had in shyness, Kadie had in exuberance! But the flower girls, sisters as well as nieces to the groom, began to fade as time wore on. I was actually surprised that neither of them curled up on their mother’s lap for a snooze! When the flashes were finally finished blinking, the food eaten and the well-wishes extended, Kadie and Miya were still going strong, but as the still smiling bride and groom made their getaway, a serious nap was well on its way to overtake us all! I expect it caught the young first!


PS. The wedding was May 10th. I've been trying to get this post finished for a while now, but what can I say? My life's a whirlwind! For the photo of Heather & Joe, I used photoshop to turn it into a watercolour. The original looked good too, and I think they make a sweet couple - in any medium. May you live happily ever after Heather & Joe!
Oh, & Kadie & Miya; you were awesome flower girls!
And to all who attended the wedding - thank you for making it a great day!
Finally, thanks to all those who didn't get to enjoy the wedding first hand. I'm glad you stopped by for a visit to my blog anyway.

No comments: