Friday, June 1, 2007

The boat

Hey everyone,
For some time now, I have been working on creating a catamaran out of two kayaks and making the thing sail like a proper vessel. I must say that the challenge has been great fun. A month or so ago, my wife came to my aid by buying me "Sailing For Dummies". I was surprised at how much there was to know about sailing. When I lived on Pointer Island, sailing was too slow for my youthful pride, and I never learned how it was done. What a shame!!! However, it is never too late to learn and I have - well I'll really know when I take the lady out for her maiden voyage. I have the rigging complete and the centreboards are just in need of a bit of lead weight and a coat of fiberglass. Perhaps tomorrow evening will be the big day, but time will tell. I'll be sure to post some photos.
Later...

No comments: