Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Hearts of Courage – The Gillam Plane Crash by John M. Tippets

Published in 2008, “Hearts of Courage – The Gillam Plane Crash” is a true account of intense tragedy, unimaginable wilderness survival, desperation, death, compassion, selflessness and last, but not least, incredible faith and courage. The fact that this story has not yet been turned into a major motion picture bewilders me! In 144 short pages, John M. Tippets leads us into the 1943 world of his own father—a world torn by war; a world wrapped tightly in the bands of a merciless Alaskan winter. As I read this extraordinary tale, I laughed a little and I wept a lot. I sat in awe at the feet of unwitting heroes who offered their own lives to rescue others. I felt the sting of dreams, teetering towards extinction. I felt the sweet joy of rescue and the comforting warmth of compassion. What a story!! If you only read one book this year, this book should be the one!
To obtain your very own copy of “Hearts of Courage – The Gillam Plane Crash” visit Amazon.com

No comments: