Saturday, April 11, 2009

“The Deep End” by Traci Hunter Abramson

Book Review

I recently listened to Traci Hunter Abramson’s book, "The Deep End", on CD and quite enjoyed it. The narration is abridged, but since I’ve not perused the pages of the actual book, sadly, I can’t articulate any differences. On the CD however, the narration begins with character introduction before rapidly plunging into a plot thick with intrigue and action. I quickly found myself absorbed in the imaginative saga. The story shelters several unexpected twists and turns, and I thought Traci did a fine job of protecting the surprises―unveiling them at just the right times. Occasionally, when I sensed predictability forming in the plot, Traci sent my notions into wild tailspins. I especially liked the emotional rhythm of the story. On the downside, there were some minor moments when I thought the tale would have benefited from a little more development, but after all, it was the abridged version I listened to. Overall, Traci’s book was richly entertaining. “The Deep End” gets a big round of applause from me!
You can check out all seven of Traci's books on her blog.

1 comment:

Tristi Pinkston said...

I read it in book form, and it is very good. Traci knows how to write a story.