Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Porcelain Birthday Wish! Ouch!!!!

Happy March 28th! Things are going great here. I hope you are doing the same.

Of late, I've been working on the first story for Three Seconds On, Three Seconds Off - Volume II. It is a very emotional tale from 1964 and I've made use of a series of flashbacks to help me tell it. I enjoy seeing flashbacks in the works of others, but at first, I found them a bit difficult to write myself. I assumed that my writing habits were in the way so I did some brainstorming.
I tend to get small blocks of time in which to write - typically five to fifteen minutes, zero to five times a day. The sporatic intervals of interruption totally prevented me from remembering where I was in the telling, so I finally got creative in my approach to writing flashbacks. I took the story's timeline and wrote it succinctly. With the short outline in easy reach for reference, coming back to the place I had left off wasn't too tough. The story is progressing nicely now and I hope to begin work on the second one in a week or so.

As for my recent adventures, I don't often stop my semi just to take photographs, but yesterday I made an interesting exception. Over time, I have taken several nice shots. Some are artsy, some are scenic, this one is funny. In honour of this picture, I have launched a new slide show category: Adventures in Trucking. Enjoy - and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: