Thursday, March 20, 2008

My Virtual Visit To Sweden

Hi everyone,
I just returned from a fifteen minute visit to Sweden, courtesy of Anita. I thought some of you might like to visit too. Her pictures are great. (To view some of them, you use the space bar and arrow keys.) Enjoy...

As for my book, I got very good news. When I returned my changes from the first edit, the editor liked them all and forwarded the manuscript to the copy editor. The manuscript just came back for the second time - this time it is formatted to publish. Awesome! I am now going through it for perhaps the last time!!!! Yes!!! Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not excited - ecstatic, thrilled and electrified perhaps, but not excited.

I'll keep you posted, but right now I am on page 65 of about 500. (The font size may change, but right now, the book is huge in its 6x8 inch format.) I've also been working on front cover designs and finalizing my photos and photo captions for this first volume. Thank you for your interest. I appreciate your many visits. I'll put editing progress updates in the side bar.

6 comments:

Tristi Pinkston said...

Congratulations -- nothing like going through that final readthrough.

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today, Davis, and for your interesting comments--especially re the pre-movie sketches. Very helpful.

And congratulations on your book! What an achievement. Nothing quite like the satisfaction that comes from actually finishing the whole process and seeing the book in print. Best of luck with it all.

Davis L. Bigelow said...

It is all very intense, exciting and so much more. You have both been there and done that. Soon I will join you - if my heart doesn't fail me on the way. Thanks for the encouragement.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Computador, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://computador-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Autumn Ables said...

NICE! What great news, Davis!!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations. I'm so excited for you!