Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Muse

I just read an great article in LDS Living. Here is my response to it:

A great article Emily!! Thank you. It is humorous for me to consider the differences between Mother's Day and Father's Day, as well as between men & women, but as a man (married for the past 28 years - to the same woman), I think women belong on a pedestal - especially mothers. I have no idea what it is like to go down into the valley of the shadow of death to deliver a child, but mothers do. I think there are other reasons for extreme praise too, but I also think that this one reason is enough to ensure that mothers today and tomorrow will get the gratitude they so unselfishly deserve. I say, “God bless mothers. And God bless all the men and boys out there who treat mothers and all women and all girls with the utmost respect and courtesy that I think they deserve – and that is a lot.” As I guy I really don’t care if I receive fanfare, but I sure think the ladies of the world deserve it!
Davis Bigelow

No comments: